Latest In Beauty | Create Your Own Box

Sunday, January 15, 2017


Do you like discovering new brands? Always disappointed by beauty subscription boxes? Latest In Beauty have always been my answer as they allow you to choose your own products. They have recently had a re-vamp - updating their edit and design - so I decided to place an order.

The Deal
They offer a subscription option which saves you the £3.95 P&P or you can purchase one off boxes from the following options:

Beauty Novice - 3 Products - £9
Beauty Enthusiast - 6 Products - £15
Beauty Guru - 9 Products - £18

Naturally, the more products you opt for, the better value the deal. I managed to restrain myself to the 6 product option this time.

Restraining myself was indeed a struggle because the updated product selection includes 230 products at the moment. You can filter by make up, skincare, haircare, fragrance, body and nails and there are no limitations - you can have all of one category or mix and match as you please. 

Here's my pick of the edit...

Oribe Dry Texturising Spray
Perhaps defeating the point of sampling new products but I already know I love this. I had just run out and genuine panic was beginning to set in. It's a blogger favourite that leaves hair feeling fresh and lifts second day curls and waves to 'just styled' heights.

Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Cleansing Pads
These exfoliating pads use glycolic acid to buff away dead skin and brighten complexions. I am very excited to try these as I have been loving the Caudalie Glycolic Peel Mask and I do enjoy a low maintenance (lazy) cleansing option.

Elie Saab Le Parfum L'Eau Couture EDT
I know not everybody loves a fragrance sample and it can feel like a bit of a filler item in other beauty boxes, especially as it's often an unpopular offering or not in an atomizer. Elie Saab is a fragrance line I have always hankered after and never owned. You get two 8ml atomizers which is generous considering a 30ml bottle is £38 to purchase. Perfect handbag size and a fresh, sweet scent.

MERUMAYA Overnight Recharge Night Cream
I am already a fan of this brand so I couldn't pass this one up. This cream makes a lot of claims to fight fatigue, ageing, blocked pores and redness - I can only hope it will also do the ironing whilst I sleep. Another generous sample size at 15ml - the full size is 30ml for £35.50.

Skimono Anti-ageing Bio-Cellulose Mask
There are nearly 20 different kinds of masks available in the current edit so I was hard pushed to make a selection. Being of the opinion that preventative measures are the best defense against ageing, and that time seems to be propelling me towards Midsomer Murders at an alarming rate, I decided to try a bio-cellulose mask from this relatively new, UK masking brand. 

111Skin Bio-Cellulose Facial Treatment Mask
Okay, so I actually got two bio-cellulose masks - partly because I consider myself a beauty detective and I want to know which mask will make me look most like a seventeen year old supermodel, but also hugely because the choice of masks was so great that my lunch hour had come to an end and a quick decision was required.

Beauty Enthusiast One Off Box (inc P&P) - £18.95
Total Product Value - £84.22

Now I hope you agree, that's a pretty impressive deal. Especially considering I didn't select my items based on value - you could easily get over £100 worth of product if you wanted to. 

So, what did you think of my selections? What would you like to see a full review on? Leave me a comment below.

You Might Also Like

0 comments