Pink Parcel | Un-boxing + Review

Monday, November 21, 2016



It's been a long time since I was so excited that I had to immediately write a post, but here I am, on a Monday night, post-gym and post-gym snack in hand, here to tell you about Pink Parcel. Many of you will be familiar with the concept of a 'period box' - a subscription box specifically tailored to that time of the month. I finally took the plunge - here's the scoop...


This particular box is £10.50 a month (so less than most, if not all, beauty subscription boxes) and you can choose which date the box arrives to coincide with your cycle. You also give some more personal information regarding the timing and duration of your high tide - I have no idea what they do with this information as it appears you get the same size box monthly regardless, perhaps they are just showing an interest in you at this delicate time.



I was surprised at the size of the box - it's huge. For the price I was expecting about three tampons and some hot chocolate. When in fact, you get more tampons and pads than you could possibly envisage using. My other half was less than impressed when I suggested we'd be fully prepared if he happened to get his period as well. Of course, you do also get to choose whether you receive all of one or a mixture of pads and tampons; all of which are branded so no expense spared in that department.



As well as the essentials, you get a generous selection of treats. Each box contains something to eat and something to drink - always music to my ears. This month it's a chai latte sachet and a strawberry chocolate bar - again, good quality products and since I'm yet to meet a chai latte or a chocolate bar that I didn't like*, I'm thinking these will be going down pretty well on a cold winter evening.

*Except for Caramac, which is in fact sourced from the seventh circle of Hell.

You also get some beauty products, which I have to say, impressed me the most. Very rare it is for me to get a beauty box where I would use every product, I think PP may have done it.

Ciatė Liquid Velvet is something I have been longing to try and this shade Diva is a true red perfect for the festive season. Mavala Nail Varnish in Basel is a beautiful neutral greige with a hint of lilac.

On the pampering side of things, a Carnaby & Cross Gemmotherapy Face Mask should quench my love of sheet masks. At £28.50 RRP this is a great opportunity to try out a higher end brand. Whilst Korres Bergamot Pear Body Milk promises to hydrate my parched winter skin.

A couple of classics round off proceedings - we have the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner and a Carmex Lip Balm to add to the small collection at the bottom of every single one of my handbags (anyone else guilty?).



Finally, as this month is partnered with Look Magazine, you also get a copy to leaf through whilst you're eating the chocolate, drinking the chai, with a face mask on, all whilst rocking a power red lip (I assume this is the image they are creating).

I don't think I have ever been so impressed by a first box - this subscription is affordable, practical and fanciful all in one. Good work Pink Parcel - keep it up!

x NSB x

You Might Also Like

0 comments