Morphe 35W Palette | Review + Full Swatches

Saturday, December 10, 2016


Until recently, I may have been just about the only blogger not to own a Morphe eyeshadow palette. The most coveted definitely seems to be the 35O which is eternally out of stock but with a little research, I concluded that the 35W is extremely similar, appearing to have a lot of the same shadows anyway!

You can't fault these on value for money - 35 generous sized shadow pans for £21. I love that you get the same size pan as a MAC or MUG shadow, it makes this a lot easier to work with and I personally enjoy a book-sized eyeshadow palette.



The first row has some solid base colours in matte and satin finishes and a couple of transition shades which are well pigmented so a light hand is required. Nothing in the way of a striking brow bone highlight - all very safe.


The second row gives us some metallic finish lid shades - I favour the first two in a beautiful mauve and a champagne gold. The middle orange shade is like a punchier 'Saddle' from MAC - love this to warm up the crease. The pink seems like a bit of a wildcard, but if that's your thing, you're covered!


Probably my least used row - definitely some less neutral shades to make this a very versatile palette but the pigment on this row seemed to be the least impressive.


The fourth row gives us some deeper crease shades and some more shimmers - the first four here get a lot of use and are a very smooth formula.


Finally, the first shade here is the most foiled of the bunch plus some smooth, deep matte browns and plums. The first black is speckled with glitter but is too rough in texture and doesn't really deliver for me. I think every palette needs an intense matte black but unfortunately, you won't find one here as this is choppy and hard to work with.

Overall, the quality is as you would expect - a few duds, a few stand outs and a fair bit of fall out. They are blendable for sure and I am a big fan of this for an everyday neutral look. The metallic shades fall a little short on the 'wow' factor and coupled with the lack of truly dark pigmented shades, this is a tough palette to create a dramatic look with. It can be done, with a lot of building and blending, but not with ease and definitely not against the clock!


As for being a "warm" palette, I would actually say it is very balanced with some cooler taupes, purples and browns if you're not feeling the full on Kylie Jenner vibe.

If you're a make up fanatic then something like this is great to have on hand. If, however, you're looking for that palette which works for every occasion, then I'm afraid this just isn't it.

x NSB x






You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh don't you worry it took my forever to get my first morphe palette and that was only a couple of months ago haha! It kind of sounds like you got a generally dud palette as I was really impressed with my 35T when I got it!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete