Beauty Bay Haul | Autumn 2016

Sunday, November 06, 2016


It's haul time! I rarely place a big order online, I usually just fill a basket up to an obscene amount of money and then never hit that 'checkout' button - just to see how expensive my tastes are. However, on a cold autumn night, bunkered in by myself (and almost definitely in a onesie), I took the plunge on some new goodies...

Morphe 35W Palette
I have always been curious to try a Morphe palette but was hesitant over the whole 'too good to be true' idiom. £21.50 for a 35 shadow palette?! I love warm eyeshadows, not just for autumn and was drawn in by the terracotta hues. I'm already planning a full post on this, so watch this space.

LA Splash Studio Shine Lip Lustre in Hestia
Another item I have toyed with, just because there so many variants on BB of LA Splash liquid lipsticks. This shade is a kind of metallic mauve - it doesn't look metallic when swatched but once it sets down on the lips there is a definite rose gold effect. Which is cool, for the five minutes it lasts. This. Was. Terrible. It bunched, flaked and cracked - a total mess. Before I'd even got out the door. If you've tried a better variant of these LA Splash liquid lipsticks, please do tell - they're so affordable and I've convinced myself that at least one of them must be good. Not this one though.

LA Splash Art Ki Tekt Brow Defining Pencil in Mocha
On a more positive note for LA Splash, this is a new love. A steal at £9.95, this is the closest I've found to my holy grail of the Shu Uemura Hard Formula. A brow pencil which isn't waxy or creamy, but like an actual writing pencil - I find these give a lot more control and are better at defining hair strokes for really filling out sparse brows. The shade is pretty good, a little on the warm side and there's a spoolie on the other end to save you constantly swapping over. Five stars from NSB.

LA Splash Lip Lustre in Hestia, Art Ki Tekt Brow Pencil in
Mocha, LA Girl Line Art in Intense Black
LA Girl Line Art Matte Eyeliner in Intense Black
This is actually now sold out on BB from what I can see - a really affordable brand so I'm not surprised. The shape of this pulled me in, it's very ergonomic, almost like a paint brush. I really enjoy the control it gives and it has a long, thin, tapered felt tip applicator which makes a sharp wing a little less of a headache. It swatches really well but it does pull on the eyelid and can feel almost dry - definitely not foolproof and I wouldn't recommend using it over a foiled shadow but I'm still reaching for it for everyday.

Ardell Demi Wispies False Lashes
I know, I'm more than a little late to the party. I must admit, I have never tried Ardell lashes. I was almost tempted by something more dramatic but I think these walk the line between impact and being socially acceptable. False lashes are one of the few corners of the beautysphere that I'm not a veteran of - I'd love some recommendations in the comments below!

As a little beauty bonus, I also got a free sample of Beautyblender Cleanser which will come in incredibly useful as the whole brush cleaning situation is reaching critical level - lazy girls unite!

x NSB x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That pallet looks amazing, I love the lashes too, I usually use Red Cherry ones but I love the volume and boldness of the wispies

    S x | SHELISES WORLD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Morphe palettes, I really want to expand my collection and that 35W looks beautiful!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete