Sleek Precious Metals Highlighting Palette - Review & Swatches!

Thursday, July 21, 2016




Highlight. It has been my biggest beauty obsession of 2016. I hold my hands up, I'm a highlight junkie and I have no intentions of kicking this addiction. If you haven't checked out the 'full face with just highlighter' trend on YouTube, then check it out and you will basically see my ideal level of glow.

I have many, many, MANY highlighting powders but this product from Sleek is not only my first highlighting palette, but also the first cream highlighters I have tried. The Precious Metals palette comes with 4 shades, 3 of them cream formula and one powder.

First off, I really like the packaging. It's like glossy gunmetal (just me?).



The powder shade is 'Antique Bronze' - a really unusual highlight colour which gives a soft glow. This is too dark to be a highlight shade for me but I can see this working beautifully on deeper skin tones.

For the cream shades we have Platinum - an icy white with pink undertones. I hope somebody else understands what I mean when I say that this is basically the colour of a unicorn. It's the least intense of the three and I'm glad as a shade like this can easily look too stark. I think for cool undertoned skin and the Snow White lookalikes among us, this would be a subtler choice than the pinks and champagne golds that dominate highlight products.

The other two cream shades are extremely similar in colour but not in texture or appearance. Royal Gold is a champagne gold with less intensity and more of a dispersed glitter effect. Renaissance Gold is a strong block colour, less glitter and more solid gold paint (think Goldfinger...) - incidentally, this is my favourite and for me, gives the boldest look of the bunch.

L-R: Platinum, Royal Gold, Renaissance Gold
& Antique Bronze

The formula between the three creams are pretty similar but Renaissance Gold has the smoothest texture and blends the easiest, in my experience. The powder is not the most finely milled you're ever going to find, it's a little rough. MUA and MUR are leaps ahead on the powder highlight formula as far as I'm concerned.

The palette retails at £10, a little more than other Sleek products and other drugstore highlighting palettes. I think it's a good choice for the make up collector or the highlighting addict - personally, I would pay £10 for the Renaissance Gold alone, but then again, my ideal is something similar to an Academy Award.

Are you loving cream or powder highlight? Which products do I need in my highlight wardrobe?

x NSB x




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Everyones got these sleek highlighting palettes recently except me hha! I do feel this is great value for money!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete