NYX UK Haul!

Saturday, June 18, 2016


Hey everyone. It's been a long long time since my last post as my final year of university took over my life. Good news though, I passed my exams, got a First in my dissertation (and an award nomination - eek!) and I'm back. Today, I'm very excited to bring you my latest brand discovery - NYX.

NYX is a US brand but has been available online for a while for us UK homebirds. Last month however, a NYX stand opened in a Boots near me and I just had to go and elbow my way through to pick up some goodies...

NYX Matte Finish Make Up Setting Spray - £7
Like many NYX products, I first heard about this from YouTuber Leighannsays. Claiming to help your make up last longer and at a fraction of the cost of it's MAC and Urban Decay counterparts. Unfortunately, the only thing I've noticed with this is that my foundation separates almost immediately - I have dry skin so I suspect it's not really designed for me, my make up tends to patch off rather than shine up. Have you tried this? Is there a trick to making this work?

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/Ash - £5.50
Another Leighannsays recommendation, but with a little more success. This little kit includes two shades of brow powder, a clear brow wax, a tiny angled brush and an even cuter tiny spoolie. I really like the powders, great cool toned colours with a lot of impact. This kit is definitely for a softer finish and if you have full brows which just need a little boost I think this would work well. For me, I need some more heavy duty help for my sparse brows so I can't say my loyalty has been swayed from brow pencils. I'd also recommend investing in a better quality angle brush (I like my Real Techniques one).





NYX Sculpt & Highlight Face Duo in Taupe/Ivory - £9
This product has been the biggest revelation - always wary of cream contouring, I've stayed faithful to powder sculpting products. I am a big fan of this though. The contour side is the perfect cool toned taupe shade (there is a real mix of shades from cool to warm) and it blends beautifully, better than I could ever imagine. It's got great staying power too. The concealer/highlight side is okay, it's very creamy and fluid - best for highlighting rather than under the eye concealing.



NYX Baked Shadow in Easy Rider - £5
This is actually the first thing I picked up from the stand. The box is adorable, who could blame me? I swatched it and was very intrigued. This shade in particular is very sheer and glowing - reminding me instantly of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. By no means as finely milled or an exact replica, I think the effect is comparable. If I want to be lit from within, I ignore the word 'eyeshadow' and lightly dust this to set my foundation. For £5 I think it's definitely worth a try if you've been resisting splurging on an Ambient Powder.

NYX Slide On Lip Pencil in Nude Suede Shoes - £5.50
Probably something NYX are most famed for now, their lip products. This liner is the perfect mauve/nude and has replaced my beloved Rimmel East End Snob for the moment. It's right in the middle of creamy and hard pencil - good for over-lining if you're so inclined but also just a really foolproof product. You get a good amount of product for the price too.

Top - Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm
Bottom - Slide On Lip Pencil in Nude Suede Shoes


NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm - £5.50
Of course I had to buy this - I think of all the things we got excited about when NYX launched in the UK, this was number one. And... rightly so. I love this. I wear this almost every work day. It's light, comfortable, easy to wear. It's not drying or crumbly like a liquid lipstick can be but it's also not so creamy that it never sets down. It's an absolute winner, no wonder there were hardly any left on the shelf!

So, NYX is here and I'm very happy about it. It's such an affordable brand and it has a selection of products which most UK brands just don't make (loose powders, brow pomades, colour correctors...) AND, I popped by a few days ago and they have launched refillable eyeshadow palettes and eyeshadow singles which cost just £3.50. What have you tried from NYX? What are you excited to try out? Let me know in the comments.

x NSB x






You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Well Done!!! Everything you picked up looks beautiful, I recently picked up one of their liquid suedes, I can't wait to get more products!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete