Birchbox Unboxing - February 2016

Monday, February 08, 2016



Welcome back and welcome to our monthly Birchbox unboxing! In case you don't know, Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription box of product samples ranging from skincare and make up to haircare and fragrance. Every month has a theme and this month's theme was DIAMONDS - one lucky subscriber will receive a diamond necklace in their Birchbox this month. SPOILER ALERT - that lucky subscriber was not me, but, let's have a look at what I did get this month...



Spectrum Collections Tapered Powder Brush - RRP £7.99
This month, everyone will receive this full size brush from Spectrum. I must say, it's incredibly soft and feels great quality. I can definitely always find a use for a new brush - I think this would be perfect for setting powders or highlighters.

LOC One and Done Shadow Stick in Champagne Problems - RRP £8
Another full size product - this time from Birchbox's in-house brand. These shadow sticks have already launched in the US and they have even collaborated with Tati/GlamLifeGuru on some of them. This is actually more orange/bronze than what I would call a champagne gold but it's still a gorgeous colour. I can see this having awesome staying power as when swatched it's impossible to smudge or transfer. High hopes, I'll keep you posted.

Korres Milk Proteins 3 in 1 Cleansing Emulsion - Full Size RRP £15
Next up is a sample size cleansing emulsion suitable for even sensitive skin, or so it claims. I usually love milk based cleansers and they do tend to be the most gentle on my ever so picky skin. The Absolution Cleansing Water I received last month made my skin feel greasy and took forever to remove even half of my make up so I'm very much hoping this cleanser works out better.

Miniature theBalm blush sample - brush for scale!


theBalm Frat Boy Blush/Shadow - Full Size RRP £15.50
This is just the teeniest, tiniest sample size which I'm sure will elicit a few groans. The last sample I had from theBalm was also the size of a postage stamp and I did actually manage to use it (it is also the epitome of 'travel size') so I'm not put off. The colour is a beautiful coral pink, very summery and I'm sure I'll be putting this to the test once the weather brightens up.


Number 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect - Full Size RRP £20
I may have mentioned before just how thick and unruly my hair is so this is a very welcome find! It claims to strengthen, repair and de-tangle with the added bonus of being paraben free. I am usually a little wary of leave in products as they all too often weigh down my hair. However, I'm always willing to try new things and this product has some excellent reviews.

Derm Eyes Make Up Remover Wipes - Full Size RRP £9.50
Our little beauty bonus this month is another welcome alternative to last month's cleansing water which didn't work out. These wipes are designed for sensitive eyes (me) and contact lense wearers (also me). An extra I will actually use, even if it is only a small sample.



I'm really happy with this month's box and I can see myself using every single item - this is definitely the best Birchbox I've received in a while. Fingers crossed some of these items work out and as always, keep an eye out for any follow up reviews.

What did you get in your Birchbox? Which product would you like to try? Leave me a comment down below.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Frat boy blush looks so lovely. Such good value for money!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete