Make Up Revolution Amazing Lipsticks Review - January 2016

Monday, January 18, 2016




Hey everyone. If you've been with me for any length of time, you've probably figured out that I am a bit of make up collector. You may also have noticed that I love affordable make up, especially when it surpasses expectation! Today we'll be looking at the Make Up Revolution Amazing Lipsticks which are just £1 usually (they're actually on sale for 75p at the time of writing!) - so, here's my thoughts...

I was initially sceptical, £1 for a lipstick is ridiculously cheap and I couldn't bring myself to try these out because I had pretty much decided that they would be exactly that, cheap. However, after reading a few positive reviews I decided to see for myself.


I have four shades: Nude, Crime, Twist and Rebel With Cause. Nude is definitely my most worn - a sheer, creamy nude which is just really easy and comfortable to wear. I tend to wear this on those days where I want to look pulled together but time is not on my side; it's very low key and natural and not overly glossy or shiny.

Crime is this bright fuchsia with a cream/satin finish. It's actually surprisingly wearable but definitely a summer colour for me.

Twist is an orange/red with a similar finish to Crime. I generally prefer a blue-toned red on my skin tone but I always like variety.

Rebel With Cause is a vampy, purple berry shade (very similar to MAC's Rebel). This definitely comes off the most matte on the lips but still has a little shine. I was very surprised how well pigmented this deeper colour is - albeit, not MAC level but pretty decent.


The main positive for me with these is how comfortable they are - they feel very moisturising, not at all sticky or tacky. They also fade to a stain rather than patch off which is always my preference - it makes them much easier to touch up and means that even after a few hours of wear, they still look acceptable. These aren't designed as long wearing lip colours so don't expect hours and hours of perfection but they do hold up well to a few hours of drinking and talking.

They definitely have a scent, kind of sweet/citrus to me - not my favourite in the world but I can live with it. It's not overpowering but if you're really not a fan of scented lip products then it's something to keep in mind.


Also, on a side note, I think I must be the last person in the world to realise the coloured tops are actually a teeny tiny balm/gloss!

Overall I've been pleasantly surprised by these lipsticks - so comfortable and they have a huge shade range. My go-to for a more satin finish used to be my Lord & Berry lip pencils but they've definitely been replaced (and for a fraction of the cost).

Have you tried these? What other affordable lipsticks do you love? Let me know in the comments.



You Might Also Like

0 comments