Blush Top Picks! - January 2016

Saturday, January 23, 2016




Welcome back and welcome to another 'Top Picks' post and this time we're talking blush. Blush is one of the things that I cannot do without - even if I'm wearing hardly any other make up, I will always add blush for just a little more colour and life.

Now, I'm excluding the blushes I have in palettes - I love working with palettes so for a blush to stand out to me on it's own and for me to reach for it on it's own merit is high praise indeed.



MAC Breath Of Plum Sheertone Blush
I will admit, this shade looks kind of strange in the pan and when swatched - a dusty plum just isn't a 'classic' blush shade. However, I think this looks absolutely gorgeous on the skin and is such a cool alternative to a pink or coral. Also, the quality of these blushes from MAC are just astounding - they are noticeably smoother than every other blush in my collection and blend like a dream.

Make Up Revolution Powder Blush in Wow
Bargain alert - I love these blushes for just £1 and this shade is my favourite at the moment. It looks downright scary at first glance and it definitely needs a (very) light hand! However, it creates a really striking flush which I actually think looks great on paler winter skin. It's unlike anything else I own, is highly pigmented and blendable - what's not to love?

Sleek Make Up Blush in Rose Gold
This one has been in my favourites before and for good reason. The ultimate summer blush in my opinion - a beautiful highlighting blush in a heady mix of coral, gold and pink. This is one that just looks effortless - not sparkly, not chalky, just perfectly light catching. Definitely comparable to NARS Orgasm or Coralista but at a much nicer price point.



What are your favourite blushes? What do I need to try next? Let me know in the comments!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love the Sleek Rose Gold blush! The colour looks amazing. I also find that all Makeup Revolution blushes are needed to be applied with a steady hand!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a light hand is essential however I just love the colour of this one. The Rose Gold is so pretty, I can't believe how affordable it is! X

      Delete