Birchbox | February 2017

Monday, February 20, 2017


It's time for another un-boxing! Birchbox reached an all time high for me in December but January was such a disappointment I didn't even write about it. It's time to see where February's box falls in the rankings...

Spectrum | Tulip Eye Contour Brush | RRP £5.99
This month, every subscriber received this brush from Spectrum. Beautiful rose gold detail and soft synthetic bristles. I love Spectrum brushes and you can never have too many crease brushes (mainly so you don't have to wash them as often). A nice staple but we have had Spectrum brushes before; long-time subscribers will probably agree that Birchbox aren't the best subscription for variety of brands.

POP Beauty | Eyeshadow Trio in Champagne | RRP £15.50 for 10 shade palette
Another familiar one as this has previously featured in a Birchbox edit - albeit in a slightly different colour palette. These are more pink hues than champagne and for me, the quality isn't there. The lighter two shades aren't pigmented enough and the darkest shade isn't even in application. All three have a fair bit of fall out and for the price, it just can't compete with a Sleek palette or even a Morphe palette for just £5 more.


Beaver Professional | Daily Moisture Conditioning Spray | Full Size RRP £21
Aside from the frankly hilarious brand name, this is a pleasing inclusion. I rely on a conditioning spray (Parlor and Number 4 are my personal favourites) for my thick, unruly hair so I'm always happy to put another one to the test.

NUXE | Huile Prodigieuse | Full Size RRP £17
A lovely oil for face, hair or body - a bit of a classic really. My other half has already tested this out on his beard with good reports. I don't tend to use oils as they can be a bit rich for some skin types but I know that a lot of people love this product and I think perhaps as my skin gets drier in the summer months this might be good to have on hand (if it hasn't all been used on somebody's facial hair by then).

KEEOME | Hydration Mask Therapy | RRP £29 for 6
I will always welcome a sheet mask in to my life with open arms. Even more so if the word 'hydration' is in any way involved. The packaging is clean and gimmick-free - I love when skincare looks medical, it persuades me that it's taking itself seriously. 

Not a bad edit from Birchbox - the eyeshadow trio is the only real let down. As proved by their December offering, if they're going to do make up, it's best sticking with a crowd-pleaser like the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick. As a self-confessed make up snob, I'd much rather have another skincare item. On the other hand, discovering that a brand called Beaver exists this month was worth every penny.

You Might Also Like

0 comments