Make Up Geek Haul/Review - January 2016

Sunday, January 10, 2016



Welcome back. Now, if you've been in the beauty loop for a while, you've almost certainly been hearing non-stop hype about Make Up Geek. MUG recently started being stocked by Beauty Bay making these products finally available to us UK dwellers without international shipping, tax and conversions. Happy days! This is what I picked up for my first order...




Original Eyeshadows

Baby Face - Greyish cream - Matte

Barcelona Beach - Mid tone sandy brown - Matte

Desert Sands - Dark, mustard yellow - Matte

Dirty Martini - Dark, olive green - Matte

Prom Night - Silver/grey with purple undertones - Shimmer

Foiled Eyeshadows


Fortune Teller - Bright golden yellow


Jester - Deep moss green with gold undertones

Magic Act - Pale champagne gold

Duochrome Eyeshadows


Voltage - White silver with yellow reflects


Karma - Light yellow gold with green reflects

All of these shadows are well pigmented, the foiled and duochrome shades especially so. Almost all of these shadows are very smooth - Baby Face seems to cling in patches a little on me but I do have very dry skin.



The matte shades have quite a stiff formula (neither chalky nor buttery) - it's really easy to build up the colour and they blend out beautifully. You have a lot of control with these and the shades Desert Sands and Dirty Martini are just ones you never find in pre-made palettes.



The foiled and duochrome shadows are more buttery in texture, very soft with virtually no fall out, almost like a cream shadow. The foiled shadows have a more intense, metallic finish - not just a regular shimmer shade, these pack a punch (and a half).



The duochrome collection is very unique, with an amazing range of unusual shades which all combine two or more colours to create a multi-faceted effect. Voltage appears almost stark white in the pan but has become my favourite inner corner highlight - the yellow flecks catch the light and add warmth whilst still brightening my eyes.

MUG shadows come in every colour imaginable and retail on Beauty Bay for £4.95 for the original and duochrome shades and £7.95 for the foiled shades. They are sold as individual shadow pans so you do need a magnetic palette like a Z palette - I love my extra large leopard print Z palette (you can also get these on Beauty Bay and other brands on Amazon for less).

On the whole, I would say my favourites (and most used/recommended) are Barcelona Beach, Voltage, Dirty Martini, Prom Night and Jester. There are so many other colours I'm drawn to, I struggled to pick just ten for my first order -  to have a more affordable way to create a palette of handpicked shadows without the quality being compromised is a very good thing indeed.

Have you tried these shadows yet? Which colours are you coveting? Let me know in the comments!






You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. A great post! I placed an order last night and I can't wait to receive them. Like you say there is so many different colours it's so hard to choose from. I think I will maybe order some of the foiled shades next time I place an order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I want them!
    there are a lot of wonderful colour ~
    http://dadiebradshaw.altervista.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! I reaalllllly need to try these out. The foiled shades look so great.

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. these shades are amazing! i want some so bad. great post :)

    please check out my recent posts: www.jaya-sanghera.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete