What I Got For Christmas - December 2015

Monday, December 28, 2015



Hey everyone. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I know that not everybody likes these kind of posts but I personally really enjoy reading about what people got for Christmas (probably because I'm nosey!). I am so grateful for what I received this year, truly blessed and slightly taken aback by what I got. So, without further ado, here we go...



MAC Sheertone Blush in Breath of Plum
This is a really smooth pressed powder blush in a gorgeous pale plum. The colour is unlike anything else I own and I absolutely love it.



MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
I have wanted this for a long time to use as an eye shadow base. It's yellow/cream tone evens out my skin tone and helps to counteract the redness of my skin. I've also found that it's much easier to build up bold colour on my lids using this as a base.



MAC Matte Lipsticks in Please Me + Honeylove
Just to round off the MAC collection I got two new matte finish lipsticks. Honeylove is just the perfect nude, not too pale, not too brown, just right for me. Please Me is an everyday pink - very wearable and flattering. Both of these formulas are so creamy and non-drying for a matte lipstick, I don't imagine these will be the only MAC lipsticks in my collection for long!



Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pink Venus
I think a lot of us had some CT products on our Christmas wish lists and I was lucky enough to get one of the Lip Cheat lip pencils. Pink Venus is a light coral/pink which works well paired with a nude lip to add some depth of colour or with a more classic pink. I can see this being a well used product as it applies smoothly and wears well.




Smashbox Masterclass Palette III Colour + Contour 
I've not seen great reviews about this palette but I asked for this regardless as I just couldn't resist what a fabulous selection this palette has - it's basically like a Fortnum & Mason chocolate box but with make up. You get the Smashbox contour, bronze and highlight trio, three blushes and 32 eye shadows in pretty much every colour and finish - it's a veritable haven for make up lovers. I'll be doing a full review of this but I have to say, so far, it's absolutely stunning and I cannot understand why more people aren't talking about this.



Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani Eye Shadow Palette
This was a total surprise waiting for me under the tree and what a gorgeous surprise! I've definitely been coveting this palette since it was released and as with the Smashbox palette, I'll no doubt do a full review of this soon. The range of soft neutrals in this palette make it great for everyday and so far the shadows are smooth and blend like a dream.



Real Techniques Bold Metals Essentials
I love RT brushes and I was on the hunt for a huge angled fluffy brush for blush - this paired with a smaller fluffy brush which I use for powder/highlighters and a fluffy shadow brush made this a perfect trio for my blending needs. These are so incredibly soft and stylish - I would always recommend RT brushes and these are no different.

So, those were my beauty gifts this festive season. If there are any you'd like me to write a detailed review on then please let me know in the comments.



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Wow, you got so many nice bits! Those RT brushes are the dream!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO jealous of all that you received for Christmas! Although I'm super grateful for all that I got, I don't think my family has got that I'll stop going bankrupt on makeup if they buy it for me during this time of year ;) Haha!

    xo, Kimberly
    http://www.blogsfordays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so grateful, I can't believe I got so much. The sad thing is I know I'll still be buying new make up myself come the new year! It's an addiction... x

      Delete
  3. You recieved a lot of great products!

    xxMel
    goldrusssh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete